Thanks to this powerful feature, you will be able to measure the performance of any web page while blocking one - to many - of its resources.
Blacklist feature can be used on various and numerous purposes. Here are a few examples:
- Ignore a resource that may tamper the overall loading time of your web page,
- Compare one single page's performances with or without social widgets (facebook, etc.) or any other specific resource,
- Measure your web page performances while excluding all of the external resources to focus on those hosted on your own domain.
2 fields (Blacklist & Whitelist) are available in our advanced settings area. Each of them can be filled with several values (one per line).
- In the blacklist field: type in the resources name you'd like to block specifically. All the requests containing the typed character strings will then be blocked. For example: enter "connect.facebook.net" to block the Facebook widgets.
- In the whitelist field: there you can define the only requests to authorize, excluding all the other ones. Example : if you want to test your example.com website excluding all of the external resources, then just enter "example.com" in this field.
For advanced needs, you can use regular expressions within these 2 fields. Here are a few useful tips:
- ".": any character (not optional)
- ".*": any character, 0, 1 or many times
- [a-z]: indicates a class, here the letters a through z